A hyperlink can be created in Dreamweaver that will allow the user’s default email application to launch automatically. Clicking the link will open a new message window that will launch the email application. Creating a Dreamweaver email can be done in just a few steps.
1. Click the spot on your Dreamweaver page where you wish to insert the email link.
2. Click "Insert" on the tool bar, then scroll down and highlight "Email Link" from the Main Insert tab.
3. Type into the email link dialog box the exact text that you would like to appear on your Web page. This will create a link to the email address of the person you want to be contacted.
4. Using the email box, type the email address of the recipient.
5. Highlight the email link that will then appear on your Web page.
7. Check the "Property Inspector" tab to see the email.